Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday spin/swim

A decent workout this evening. It was a long and tiring day - on the bright side, I had a good hour and a half of writing in the morning before I had to go to the Guggenheim, but it was ridiculously busy at the museum - I was walking up and down the ramps pretty much nonstop, with mostly not even a little break, and I was knackered by the time I made it down to Chelsea Piers.

(I was wishing I'd just gone home instead, but in fact it was a good thing I didn't, as I am sure I would have succumbed to fatigue and taken the fatal late-afternoon nap!)

Spin class perked me back up again, and I did have a short swim afterwards, though no strength training. I do not know why it is so hard to stay on my notional schedule! Next week is going to be erratic again because of travel, but I'll see what I can get done (re: writing and exercise) the rest of this week. I really like the project I'm working on, it's funny and enjoyable and as these things go relatively easy - but I have to do a museum shift again tomorrow, and I've got a lot of school stuff on Thursday, sabbatical notwithstanding...

1hr. spin

100 free
4 x 75 kick-drill-swim (IM order)
100 free - 75 back - 50 breast - 25 fly - and back up the ladder
2 x (100 flutter, 25 whip kick with board)

1150 yards total

1 comment:

Spokane Al said...

Knackered is one of my favorite words.

Stay strong and stay knackered!