Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Run!

I was going to say that I'm not sure it was a quality workout, but when I really think about it, it was, just not the one I thought I would have! Meant to run longish, to Central Park and around the whole loop (hills, and it comes out to about 8+ miles, near enough to 1.5hr); legs felt tired and lungs a bit raw at first, but just as I started feeling really warmed up, around 20 minutes in, I was practically stampeded by a huge race. A whole stretch of park road was shut down for one of these 5K corporate challenge things (there must have been five thousand runners). I ran a lap around the reservoir, then tucked in at a suitable spot in race hordes and ran clockwise back the way I'd initially come. My heartrate monitor, frustratingly, was giving completely useless numbers for the whole workout, but it did include quite a few hills, and I think really it was a good effort. Will run longer on Sunday morning perhaps, but this was fine for today.

1:05, 6.20mi (10:35 pace), zones 1-3 on feel (hills)

No comments: