Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Slog of a run!

Utter slog of a run, one of the least enjoyable in living memory! (I mean, it's still better than all sorts of other activities, but not fun.) Have been feeling rather out of sorts the last few days, just very tired - I couldn't fall asleep till 3 last night, so I didn't have time to run this morning - did have a window in early afternoon that in retrospect I should have taken advantage of, only I felt dreadfully tired and it was also mid-80s and high humidity. Anyway, I packed up swim things and change of clothes in trail-running back, with notion of doing 90-minute run to and then followed by swim practice, but it just didn't happen. It was raining already when I started, becoming torrential around the one-hour mark, and my fatigue just didn't go away - so I came home instead. Absolutely drenched, to wet rat levels, needless to say. I want to do a long quality ride tomorrow morning (8am bus if possible) and it will be better for me to have quiet evening at home than swim practice. I really hate skipping these workouts, but the run was more important than the swim, and I did get in some miles, however trudging....

1:25, 8.22mi, 10:28/mi. pace (hey, that's not nearly as bad as it felt - my feet were seriously dragging along the ground, even on the downhills!)

(NB need to get new batteries for HR straps, I am getting nothing useful - numbers all over, nonsensical, so that at the 30-minute mark I stopped and took off the strap. Felt better after that - it is always painfully chafing no matter what I put on underneath it, and if it's not even giving me good data!...)

No comments: