Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Spin!

Well, that was worthwhile. I had three tasks I really had to do in the morning in order for it to be OK to bite a chunk out of the middle of the day for exercise: 350-450 words on a book that changed my mind about something fundamental, the middle bit of a letter of recommendation whose edges I had composed while leaving the central chunk about the dissertation blank, dropping about twenty books at the English department office for help scanning and xeroxing. To my own surprise, I did finish all three by 11:30 (it is amazing what a hard deadline will do - the hard deadline of leaving town very early tomorrow plus the hard deadline of an attractive midday exercise opportunity I didn't want to miss out on!).

Rode down to Chelsea Piers for Andrew's midday spin, then had a very nice half-hour chat in the cafe afterwards with Lauren, who is moving back to Atlanta later this week and who I really did want to see before we both left town.

(We are doing the Princeton 70.3 in September, woo-hoo! We won't be well-trained for it, but I think I will be sufficiently trained that it will be enjoyable rather than an ordeal - we will see closer to the time if I am going to set more ambitious goals than that.)

:45 spin with short sprint intervals, :50 easy bike (10mi)

1 comment:

Tea said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about Princeton. Looks like it will be a great race.