Monday, July 7, 2014

Spin!

I was very grumpy riding down - it is woefully hot and extremely windy, seemed like I was riding into a headwind the whole way - but class was good as always. Decided not to swim, but subsequently slightly regretted it, as I had a minor bike woe on the way home! Nothing terrible, but it is an intersection I'm not keen on (on weekends or when there is a busy event, there is often a police officer there managing car traffic), where vehicles driving in to the convention center are asked to yield/stop (it's one of those yield signs with a picture of the stop icon on it) to cyclists on the greenway bike path. It is widely ignored - the car coming into the intersection slowed but continued to pull through, I'd thought it was stopping but paused as it continued to move, and then failed to clip out in time - toppled over slowly from a standstill, because I am an idiot! Left elbow has some road rash, but I didn't go down hard and spots like my right hand which did touch the ground a bit later aren't scraped. I guess it is better than having made contact with a car....

:45 spin, :50 round-trip bike with minor interruption!

No comments: