Sunday, July 27, 2014

Swim!

Gosh, that was amazingly good - it is ridiculous that I don't go more often! I really enjoyed it.

Started off a little rocky in that there were five of us in the slow lane with two seemingly quite a bit faster than the rest of us. This is discouraging and makes me somewhat grumpy - I had to skip 50s in the pull warmup in order to have any rest, and wished we could have a drastic lane reshuffle to Keep the Slow Lane Slow!

(Anomalously the Baruch pool is 25 METERS! I can't remember all the intervals, and we weren't always going as what was written - there was a bit of last person touches, first person goes, with my friend H. exempted from the "last person" part - complex!)

300 warmup choice (100 free, 100 kick, 100 free)

3 x 150 as 100 kick, 50 pull (I did the first 150 and then the second two as 100 each)
3 x 100 pull, 50 drill (I did all three as 100 swim)

To my relief, though, really I was not so much slower as the front guys once we were off the pull sets (which I despise because I am so slow!) and onto the main set. I was avoiding whip kick due to the morning's knee issues - alternated between free, fly drill (3-3-3) and breast pull flutter kick as appropriate for the lengths that should have been breast. Was pleased with how strong I still felt at the end of the workout - I am very slow (once my friend H. got out, I was undoubtedly the slowest swimmer in the entire rather packed pool!), but the endurance sport training stands me in very good stead during a 90-minute workout - I am much steadier and stronger at the end than many faster and better swimmers.

4 x 100 IM on 2:30 (?)
8 x 25 IM x 2 on :45 (long pullout underwater)

4 x 100 free on 2:15 (?)
8 x 25 free on :40

5 x 50 free breathing every 3, 5, 7 on 1:00

2400 meters total

No comments: