Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bench!

Hahahaha, slightly self-defeating workout in several respects, though I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless. I was doing things too quickly today earlier (partly due to compressed scheduling, also I think as lag from a very demanding day yesterday). Threw gym things into bag and rushed to an appointment; got to gym and found I had left my asthma inhaler at home. So, no swim - I can get away with a strength workout with no albuterol, especially upper-body, but it is just foolhardy to do a hard aerobic workout without it. Then I went to get changed and realized I had packed sports bra and 2 pairs of pants instead of one pants and one shirt! (Fortunately the t-shirt I was already wearing was suitable for lifting, but I have nothing dry to change into now.) Then, most foolishly, I overdid my warmup and used up too much of vim before work set (that said, it was an ambitious percentage, and none of us did the full projected maximum of 2-4 x 3-5. ANYWAY....

Note to self: don't take 8 reps warmup at 95, it's something like 80% of max!!!

4 sets at 115: 5, 3, 3, 2

close-grip: 2 x 10 @ 85

incline row: 5 x 10 x 42.5s

front raise: 3 x 10 x 5s

130 abs with band

Anyway, very nice, probably by not swimming this evening I will have a higher-quality run in the morning anyway...

No comments: