Monday, October 19, 2015

DL! Heavy singles edition

I have to confess that as an endurance athlete, I really prefer the days when we do massive volume sets. There is far too much waiting around on a day like this!

(That said, I have just eaten two hard-boiled eggs and a toasted bialy with butter and will go to 6:30pm spin class to get my cardio fix and give myself some slight desensitization to the discomfort of next weekend's very warm sprint triathlon!)

We warm up first at 5 x 135, then at triples for 155 and 185, then switching to singles.

My work set:

1 x 245
1 x 255
1 x 265

Woo-hoo, good 20-pound PR! I gave Tabbitha's 285 a pop but though I got it well off the ground, my hips flew up and I stalled out mid-calf - still got to keep working, the number starting with a three is not yet within my reach but I think it will be some months from now. T. got a nice 305 for her third and final lift, that was very good!

No comments: