Monday, July 24, 2017

DL!

I am going to strive for perfect powerlifting attendance between now and my departure for Cayman - that's qualified by the fact that "100 runs in 100 days" is my highest priority, and G. takes precedence above all other things too, but I should be able to do it as long as I don't languish to much! Right now hand strength is a dreadful limiter, I've lost my calluses and grip is a lot weaker than it should be - ah, that's satisfying, though, something to work on. I suspect back and glute-hamstring will be stiff tomorrow, that was a good workout - I did ten minutes of stretching at the end, but it can't completely counteract....

DL work set: 4 x 4 at 65% (of a conservative 240, that's 156), with six seconds descending (eccentric) on each rep

Incline bench rows: 4 x 8 @ 32.5 (hands really feeling it unpleasantly - hahaha, we only have one 37.5 currently, so I had a good excuse not to be lifting the heavier weight!)

Kettlebell Romanian DL: 2 x 12 slow with 16kg kb

Then some stretching instead of the final prowler set.

1hr total

No comments: