Monday, July 31, 2017

DL!

I missed lifting on Thursday - had 7pm tickets to a friend's show in midtown and realized mid-afternoon that it was just not realistic to be scrambling across town in a tight timeframe. But I must try and get there for all three workouts, it is good for my mental and physical health! Was very happy to be there today - took a cab down mid-afternoon and read for a bit in the cafe beforehand. (Tomorrow and Thurs. I have mid-afternoon doctor's appointments, nothing special, just the regular, so I will not be able to languish in bed at home!) Hmmm, what did we do?

(1) DL 4 x 4 @ 67.5% of max (I am using a conservative/realistic 240 for max, so 161) - six seconds eccentric/descending

(2) 5 x 5 ring row (6-second eccentric), sub for pull-ups

(3) 3 x 10 kettlebell Romanian deadlift

(4) 3 x 10-each-leg walking lunges (I skipped prowler it would have been interspersed with - my middle-aged knees do not like doing that sort of weighted exercise in Chuck Taylors)

(5) "stirring the pot" 3 x 10 each side

Didn't seem intense as I did it, but sat in cafe after to drink a protein shake before getting bus and subway home, and when I stood back up I was incredibly (pleasantly, not unpleasantly) stiff! It is more than it seems....

No comments: