Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday core/swim

Ugh, it only can be described as a workout where I needed a slow lane from the slow lane!

Quick assessment post-truncated warmup was that I was not going to be able to keep up with the guys in my usual lane (1:30 for the 75s of swim-kick-swim - it has been skewing FAST recently, not just because I am swimming slowly - population question...), and I switched into the slow lane.

Often there is not a real workout going on there, which makes it not suitable, but today there were four people all swimming the workout - only to my chagrin I soon realized that everyone was wearing fins except for me, so that though Coach Conrad told me to go to the front, I had to skulk at the back instead, and lose ever more ground during the copious kick bits where fins make a peculiarly evil difference!

I honestly can no longer remember exactly what we did - I was a length behind much of the time and wouldn't hear the next bit or intervals and would just be sort of horribly scrambling to keep up in some minimal sense - I am still swimming much worse than usual, it is not fitness, it is feel!

(I will swim the Thursday and Saturday TNYA workouts, but work obligations are incompatible with evening pool hours on Wednesday and Friday, which is a pity as an easy swim on my own with a lot of drills would be suiting me better right now!)

200 free warmup (truncated)

8 x 75 (2 of each stroke, IM order, as swim-kick-swim)

4 x 75 free (swim-kick-swim by 25)

4 x 150 free (swim-kick-swim by 50) (I missed 2 50s)

4 x 100 free on 2:00

5 x 50 free on 1:10 (hodgepodge!)

2250 yards total

Beforehand, "core sculpt" - core muscles quite sore from Sunday's workshop!

No comments: