Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday run

Slightly thwarted by digestive issues, arghhhh! I am much more prone to it on the treadmill than in the world, I think because of heat issues - but in this case I rashly had a large and spicy Indian lunch, and though I took a precautionary Immodium beforehand, it was not enough. Even in the 20-minute lower-intensity warmup, my bowels were threatening to mutiny, and after two (2) five-minute intervals at 8:30 pace with 1 minute recovery and two (2) emergency bathroom breaks, I realized that my only hope of rounding out the hour on the treadmill was to dial it back down to 5.5mph and run it in easy...

Anyway, I did run six miles total, and I will make a stab at a long one on Sunday. Schedule reshuffled for the weekend due to plans for a MIDDAY DIVE tomorrow!

No comments: