Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday swim

There is something about getting up very early for a swim that makes me determined to have a really good-quality workout! This one was excellent, though I note that I have become very slow - the stuff I've been doing this summer is good for technique improvement, and I think my swimming continues to get better in terms of ease and endurance, but I have a tendency not to work on speed when I swim on my own. Time to start adding in more speed bits, I am thinking...

I got there early, had brought a book in case the pool was locked until 6:15 but to my delight and amazement it was already open, and I got right in!

Flip turns (clumsy ones, but still!) on ALL freestyle.

Warmup: 200 free, 100 IM kick, 200 free, 100 IM drill, 200 free, 100 IM swim

8 x 50 as drill-swim by 25, 2 of each stroke in IM order

2 x (5 x 100): (1) 25 fly, 75 free (2) 25 free, 25 back, 50 free (3) 50 free, 25 breast, 25 free (4) 100 free easy (5) 100 free build by 25

(There must be a more economical way of notating that - 100s with sliding IM stroke leg?)

2400 meters total

(Oh, wait, of course my times are slow - it is a meter rather than yard pool! Well, that is something at least! But I do need to work more on speed.)