Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday swim

Good to be back in the pool, but the transition from short-course yards to meters is always a mental blow vis-a-vis numbers, and I was also seeing the ghost of a workout from last summer on the little diving slate I used to note down what I had done (this is a fuller account of it); I was swimming considerably slower on a longer interval and a shorter workout, highly dispiriting to contemplate, and I also just seem to be in low spirits more generally.

100 free
100 IM (fly drill)

A hundred that I associate with Doug Stern, who called it RaLaCuBa on his workout sheets: right arm down, left arm back, catch-up, full stroke back to the start

5 x 100 drill-swim by 25: catch-up, thumbs-and-salute, fists, front scull, finger-drag

5 x 100 free strong on 3:00 (2:12, 2:12, 2:12, 2:13, 2:12)

200 flutter kick with board

1500 meters total

No comments: