Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday swim practice

I almost talked myself out of going, but I am glad I did not - it was very enjoyable. Both my running and swimming feel slow but strong recently - it is a good base, anyway.

Warmup: 200 free, 100 back, 100 kick

First set: 12 x 50 (first 4 on 1:00, second 4 on :55, last 4 on :50 - I cannot make that last interval, I did them on :55)

We renegotiated intervals for the next set - Coach E. wanted 1:55 and descending, but lanemates and I were in agreement that it was considerably too fast! In fact one reason our Saturday swims are often chaotic is that even the faster swimmers have trouble making the intervals - this was perhaps a bit slow for the ocuple fastest guys, but it had a much smoother and better-organized feel than usual as we all stayed at the right places on the clock...

Second set: 12 x 100 as 3 sets, descending 1-4 on 2:05, 2:00, 1:55, 1:50, with 1:00 rest between sets

Easy 200 swim down

2400 yards total

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you went and enjoyed it. Besides, a half-iron tri is more about steady than about speed!

Spokane Al said...

RE; your 12 x 50s - it sounds like we swim at the same speed. I have the same issue concerning times that continue to drop under 55 per 50.

However, I'll take the strength now and the speed later.

Keep rocking (and riding that bike!).

Becca said...

And I talked myself into going to yoga, after months away. A good effort all around!