Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday swim practice

A very enjoyable one - I really miss it when I can't do it regularly, and still like the thought of having a spell where I swim 6-8 times/week and really see if I can get my swimming to improve - I fear I am still at the stage where technique rather than fitness is my limiter.

Various bits were truncated, not just by me but because we never have quite enough time!

1/2 hr. pilates-based stretching beforehand

Warmup: 400 choice (I did every fourth length as back or breast - none of us had time to get started on the 200 kick that theoretically would have followed)

5 x 150 free-kick-free by 50 on 3:20

5 x 200, can't remember interval, as (1) 25 fly, 175 free (2) 100 free, 50 back, 50 free (3) 50 free, 50 breast, 100 free (4) 175 free, 25 fly, then rest, then (5) 200 free all out

6 x 75: 4 x fly-back-breast by 25 on 1:40, 2 x fast free on 1:20 (would have been four of these, then four easy 75s of free, but time was up)

A good swim, anyway. 2450 yards total

I really would have loved to do a long run later, but I MUST get some work done this afternoon, and I have an early evening social obligation - but perhaps I will just run 4 or so, with some faster intervals. It is the pure arbitrary tyranny of counting, but I would prefer to have this week's run mileage in the low 20s rather than the high teens!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got a good swim in!

If you have time for the run, good. But if not, really, it's just numbers ...