Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday spin/swim

ARGHHHH, when am I ever going to do any strength training?!? I know I need to, and I enjoy it once I am doing it, but for some reason it is the thing I infinitely put off - I had it on my schedule to do an hour before the spin class, but dragged my heels getting out the door, and it is neither psychologically nor physiologically plausible to do it post-spin.

In every other respect, a very good exercise day. Spin class was excellent - I really like this guy's approach - and I could tell how much bike fitness I've gained since the last spin class I took. Showered and ate lunch and read for a while, then got in the pool for a solid swim - should really have done one more 600 of higher-intensity freestyle-type stuff, but judged the degree of raininess outside meant I had really better get myself on the bike home before dusk approached.

RAINY ride home! But it is all good, good practice in case I have a rainy race...

1hr. spin (24 IDU*)

Swim:

600 free with every fourth length back

4 x (6 x 75, #1-3 as kick-drill-swim, #4-5 as drill-swim-swim, #6 as swim), IM order

2400 yards total

*Imaginary Distance Units

plus 10 miles biking in the world

4 comments:

Rainmaker said...

IDU...I like that phrase - I might use it sometime. :)

Unknown said...

A very good workout!

Brent Buckner said...

Concur with Rainmaker - "IDU" is good coinage!

ShirleyPerly said...

IDU??? That is funny!!

And I am the same with strength training. If it's not on my training schedule, it doesn't usually happen.