Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rainy Sunday run

Almost any weather (barring very warm) can become ideal running weather when viewed in the right light - today it was very lovely out there, in a perverse way.

(Drizzle, high 40s - nearly deserted, except for the very funny sight of four ponies giving rides to a handful of Young People in the middle bit of Riverside Park!)

The training schedule I made up earlier this week is wildly - delightfully - overambitious, and though I had 12 miles on the schedule for today, really I knew after yesterday's ride that I probably should cut that back a bit.

(Rationalization or common sense?!?)

I compromised on 90 minutes - probably about 8.5 miles, maybe a little more. Took 3 miles or so to feel the muscles were really warmed up, and I definitely had some fatigue in the quads, but it turned into a very good run in the end - afterwards I was flooded with endorphins and felt that running in the rain was the most blissful thing in the world!

8.5 miles

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good! (Pony Rides! Almost as good as Puppies!)

Leah said...

I find it very energizing to run in the rain. Though I always seem to forget this on rainy days.

Unknown said...

Ah, what a fine line it is between rationalization and common sense! I struggle with this almost every day I think!