Saturday, March 30, 2013

Long spin!

I didn't get myself out of the house for the notional pre-spin ride - it seemed a little chilly (it is a beautiful sunny day in fact, this was more of a psychological fact than a weather-related one - low 40s though), and I could not persuade myself. Then I had a minor disaster as I approached Chelsea Piers and realized I had grabbed my small "running" set of keys (they have a spare key for gym locker, so they have been indistinguishable from full bunch of keys over winter months of non-cycling) which do not have the fob for the secure bike area and the key for the lock I leave there! I brought my bike inside up several flights of stairs to the spin studio, but teacher was leery - ran back downstairs with it & the folks behind the reception desk very kindly said I could leave it in their back office, they were super-nice about it.

:25 ride
1:55 spin
:25 ride

2:45 total

I am still a bit freezing from riding home soaking wet, though temp is up into fifties and it really is a beautiful day. Might have to get back into bed to warm up properly! It will be three weeks before I'm home again for a weekend - conference in Cleveland Wed-Sun this coming week, San Francisco trip Thurs-Sun the following week and mid-week trip to Portland, ME the week after that - training is going to be patchy, I will just have to do the best I can getting in a couple long workouts on days when it's feasible.

No comments: