Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Funny birthday run!

Last year was more epic. This year I am just in survival mode and it is the most I can do to scramble myself from day to day, ugh! But Coach Dave has a gift for coming up with something suitable regardless, and this is the funny workout he wrote:
15 min easy to warm up, then a fun workout. Start with 55 seconds running, 5 sec walking. Aim to have the running as quality and smooth as possible. Then do 50/10, then 45/15, all the way down to 5/55. As you get more rest, make the running sections faster. Finish with 15 min super easy.
I did two rounds of it, it was indeed quite fun (though the weather is GROTESQUELY humid still, if not quite as hot as the last couple days. About :50 total (with 5min of walking after the second round).

1 comment:

Becca said...

I did it in your honor, in the rain in Parc La Fontaine, though I only did 5 minutes easy run at the end, as I'm very gently working back into running, and that was the farthest I've run since I started, plus I've done almost no running hard. But then I walked 18 more minutes home. Very fun!