Thursday, July 16, 2015

Squats!

It is a little bit scary how much my mood improves with the weather - sunny and LOW HUMIDITY today has made a huge difference (also, I had some good thinking about my Oxford talk). ALSO feel like I re-remembered the minor breakthrough on squats that I seemed to have forgotten over the last couple weeks. We did a couple things that really helped: moving the bar higher up my back again (so that I could really concentrate on keeping it level with middle of the foot) and strongly cueing the arched back, which I have down really well in the deadlift but which I tend to forget about when squatting. Nothing much weight-wise, but I feel a lot better about moving forward with this. Nice that Josh is back too - we missed him!

squats on box (no weight)
10 x 3 x 55-60 on 1:00
5 x 4 goblet squat with 32.5, 3-second hold at bottom
35 Bulgarian split squats
100 hip thrusters

+ 10mi round-trip bike, a LOVELY one - riding along the water towards the end of the day is simply gorgeous, and this bike moves at a much more appropriate speed than my road bike, which makes me too fast for peace of mind in crowded/chaotic conditions!

No comments: