Thursday, July 2, 2015

Squats!

Hmmmm, I think I might have gotten worse at them again (more likely I raised my expectations?). No reason to be particularly tired today, but I just still am not there in terms of doing a real main set. Anyway, it was a good workout regardless. Something is twanging/twinging painfully in my right middle-lower back (not the spinal erector muscle I often have trouble with, more like where bottom of lat attaches), hopefully that will ease soon - I had thought of perhaps trying to run home after, but it seemed clear that I should quit while I was ahead.

(We got our long-awaited whiteboard!)

Not sure if this is exactly right, but call it as:

3 x 8 Bulgarian split squats with 17.5 dumbbells (6-second descending)

squats with bar: warmed up and did a couple sets of 8 x 55, but was losing form and Josh sensibly called it and got me instead to do

4 x 10 x 37.5 goblet squat

3 sets of walking lunges with 10-pound weights

100 hip thrusters (bodyweight - we still don't have chains down there!)

No comments: