Saturday, October 13, 2007

Swimming lesson

A very-much-to-the-point swimming lesson focusing on the components of butterfly...

The teacher really is great, but I am still feeling rather obtuse on this stroke!

On the bright side, that dolphin kick seems totally obtainable now, whereas a month ago I did not understand at all how it works or how to reliably produce it. So that is good. I like it...

On the other hand, I still do not seem to understand at all the timing of the stroke, the relationship between arms and head and breathing is mysterious. I did catch glimpses and glimmers of it, but only as through a glass very darkly--I will just hope to catch a few more glimpses soon...

I won't have a lesson next week, unfortunately; it will be two weeks. I must make sure to practice in the meantime. It will come clearer, it must come clearer!

No comments: