Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday run

A very decent one, though I had cause to reflect that lack of sleep translates directly into a high level of perceived effort--I just felt like I was working pretty hard the whole time. Not in a bad way, it was a quite enjoyable run, but the pace we were at didn't really justify me feeling so hard-working.

7.1 miles in Central Park--the twisty-turny figure-eight version. And I swear I would have missed several of the turns if I'd been doing it by myself. It looks different in the dark!

9:22 average pace, 152 average HR.

Mile splits with HR (effort level was more even than times suggest, we slowed down for hills):

9:33 (142)
9:30 (150)
9:21 (153)
9:02 (152)
9:38 (152)
9:07 (155)
8:44 (157)

And a bit at the end...

(That S. is just a faster runner than I am!)

Hip muscles fairly stiff before starting, from yesterday's workout; can't feel 'em now, though. I think tomorrow I should just do yoga, no attempt at trainer ride--get some sleep, let my body process yesterday's and today's stuff! The thing is that I have a huge mental appetite for training, and I am fairly sturdy and energetic physically--but I must not overdo it, training works better if you leave it a bit of time to sink in.

No comments: