Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Brooklyn half-marathon date changed

Just in case you are planning on running it and didn't hear already--from Sat. April 26 to Sat. May 3. Here is more information at the NYRR site.

I think I should still run it--it's now only two weeks before the Florida 70.3, but I think it should be OK. (I ran the Bronx half two weeks after the Manhattan one this winter, and with more enjoyment and with a better time the second time round.) The day itself is somewhat better for me, since on Friday the 25th (day before original race day) I have a long day of work commitments, including a dinner, that were potentially going to impair performance. But I will have to be extra scrupulous on all other aspects of the taper (some training-schedule rearrangement will be in order)... and I must make sure not to get overly tired out at the end of the semester.

I will do it as a final long training run if I am not feeling up to the mark? But it is hard to decide this about races, one gets caught up in the goal of knocking some time off one's NYRR PR...

2 comments:

Becca said...

My friend M has run several marathons in pairs--I think Boston and six weeks later Burlington, and then Napa and six weeks later Big Sur? Each time, she had a terrible first run and fabulous second. (Somewhat tangential, but mildly interesting...)

Anonymous said...

natural credibility realm declarations situated investments shayana famous convergent cmpi showcased
servimundos melifermuly