Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday SBR

Mid-afternoon I emailed out the final corrections for the new book and the author's note, which gave me a sense of accomplishment bordering on elation (though honestly, reading proofs is not the hardest work in the world - but it has to be done). Celebrated by heading down to Chelsea Piers with NO work, a LONG AND ENJOYABLE NOVEL to read and TONS OF GYM KIT.

In retrospect I might have done better to have two full-length workouts rather than one full and two shorties, but it was very good - I had some constraints, I didn't really eat lunch (got up late and had combined late breakfast-early lunch, and then a powerbar in the afternoon when I realized how the timing was going) so I had to stop swimming soon enough to eat something substantial and digest it before spinning. Fueling is the big challenge of the multi-workout day.

Swim:

100 free, 100 fly drill, 100 free, 100 back drill-swim by 25, 100 free, 100 breast drill-swim by 25, 100 free, 100 right-arm, left-arm, catch-up, full stroke

Freestyle drill: 4 x (50 drill, 50 swim) (front scull, fists, finger-drag, catch-up)

3 x 50 descending on 1:00

At that point I realized that the pace clock I'd been using was behaving very erratically, and indeed as I watched the hand came to a full stop - it was a sign...

1150 yards total

1hr. spin

15 mins. run - I met up with Lauren, who couldn't get to the gym in time for spin class but who was doing some miles on the track. Afterwards we went and had Thai food at Chelsea Market - it was a good end to the evening!

NB muscles pleasantly sore from yesterday's workout, especially abs and triceps...

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Hooray for NO work!! (I wish my husband could go one day w/o it)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day! (Well, except for the pace clock!)