Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nice bike!

Hmmm, that was one of the nicest bike rides I've had all year.  Will strive to get out more now the weather's cooler - the west side path is intolerably crowded at the really balmy times of year, much more tolerable once you hit November!  Strong headwind going down, and there are quite a few spots where you need to slow or stop for pedestrians, thus slow speed...

(Rode down to Chambers St. and back; with a little bit more time, which I didn't have today, I can add on another 7 miles or so by riding up all the way to the Little Red Lighthouse and then turning south and heading home.)

52F and sunny - perfect cycling weather!

13.98mi., 1:03:26, avg speed 13.2mph, avg HR 135, max HR 144

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

After too much biking this summer, I'm finally getting back on my bike and indeed the fall rides are nice! But I am waiting for the rains to come...

Black Knight said...

Glad you enjoyed this ride. I would like to do it but my wife doesn't allow. She is scared again for my incident. I have just decided to sell my bike.