Friday, May 17, 2013

Swim!

Very nice masters swim this morning. Really masters swim is probably my favorite thing other than running - it is good. Got some useful stroke advice from the coach - the sight of my flat left arm smacking down into the water was enough to prompt him to get me out of the pool and give me some coaching on deck! It is the fault of the flat freestyle I learned in the 1970s, plus the fact that I'm so much a rightie - if I really concentrate, I can get it right, but in general my pull on that side is much worse than on the right.

Can't say exactly what we did to start, it was bits and bobs (I was a little late getting over there - it seemed more trouble than it was worth to dig my bike out from behind things, but it's a longer walk than I quite remember), let's say 1600m total. I didn't exercise this week nearly as much as I'd hoped, but it was for the good reason that I have been working very hard on book revisions - hoping to get new version to my editor before I leave tomorrow evening for London.

Misc. drill, including some kick and some 75s as one-arm, catch-up, technique swim

Main set: 6 x 150 descending in pairs (3:16, 3:13; no time, 3:08; 3:03, 3:00)

c. 1600m

No comments: