Thursday, August 18, 2016

DL/bench!

Good start to the day.  I didn't run - I had psychological need of a day starting without an alarm, meant to do :30 treadmill after my strength workout but forgot to bring running shoes, which is fine - I can fit it in at the end of the day before sociable dinner with G. and E.

(Tend to default here to yoga rather than strength - it is less fun working out without teammates - but in fact I am about 2 minutes walk away from an excellent weightlifting gym, and Josh has sent me the week's workouts, so there is no good excuse!  Having usual Davidsonian difficulty of "too many good things" - I really should be swimming also as I have signed up for a [current-assisted] 5K in September....)

Deadlift work set: 5 x 6 @ 165 with 4-second ascent, descent (Josh requested mini-bands but I didn't have wherewithal for that)

Bench: 3 x 8 tempo (6-second descending) @ 85; dumbbell floor press, 3 x 10 @ 30; 4 x 10 lat pulldowns; 4 x 12 front raise, lateral raise @ 5

1hr strength

No comments: