Sunday, June 18, 2017

Saturday & Sunday

Hmmm, I guess I only wrote in my log yesterday and didn't log here? Anyway: "90 min easy to explore. Mostly walking! JMD: disgusting weather, super-rainy earlier so I kinda ill-advisedly spent day in bed partly reading but mostly napping. However did finally get out - it's not hot, just DISGUSTINGLY humid. Did my normal out and back along the river - outgoing :45 as 2:00/1:00 jog-walk, then switched to 1/1 for wway home. As I walked up hill into "my" bit of park i realized that my right hamstring/glute were by this point really not feeling great (not painful, but with a lot of twinges of the overstretching variety - back OTOH was great!), and decided to just walk the last bit home. So about 100 minutes total, mostly mix of jog-walk, pretty good! Day 11, run 10."

And just now, also better late than never edition - it never did get less humid, it's still utterly disgusting, though nice to still have a bit of light as I finish just after 9pm (and fireflies!) - :30 easy. The daily run ritual is suiting me very well, and new step counter helping as well - makes it slightly more appealing to walk bits and bobs around town that I otherwise might do on a bus or in a taxi...

No comments: