Saturday, June 8, 2019

Update

OK, Saturday in Ottawa, a week after last post - first day I am feeling calm and not utterly hammered! Really I haven't missed any runs, but it's been pretty crazy - Brent's mother died last Sunday evening, so I had to get myself to Ottawa ASAP and we have been chipping away at estate business. Today finally a day with no appointments; our only major task is to check out of this downtown hotel and get checked in at our usual airport Hilton Garden Inn (Brent was originally going to travel today). Let's see what's been going on:

Sunday: 1hr as 1:1
Monday: 1hr as 1:1
Tuesday: 1hr as 1:1
Wednesday - rest day, knew I wanted the morning hours with Brent - we got in Tuesday evening
Thursday - we are downtown for these days, which means access to the gorgeous Rideau Canal run path!!! YES! 20 warmup as 1:1, then 6-2-5-2-4-2-3-2-2-2-1-2 (faster, then the 2s are walking recovery), 20 as 1:1 cooldown. This was GREAT.
Friday - 1hr as 1:1, rather chafed in various spots and with slightly sore bunion foot; pleasant but aware of minor woes
Saturday - SO GOOD! This and Thursday's are 2 of the nicest runs I've had all year. Takeaway is that I've now had a week of virtually no time at desk/computer and my back feels close to totally normal in spite of the fact that I haven't had the wherewithal to do PT. Need to do some significant reconfiguring of how I manage my computer time. 90 mins, 25 as 1:1 to start and close, 40 as 9:1 in the middle, so nice!

No comments: