Monday, March 9, 2020

Monday swim!

Sunday: very very nice 1hr as 1:1, beautiful weather.

A slew of important emails came in Sunday evening and continue to arrive, with the situation potentially changing very rapidly. All classes are fully suspended for Monday and Tuesday preparatory to going online (via Zoom, integrated into Canvas/Courseworks) from Wednesday on. Next week is spring break so we'll await further word about how things will go after the break, but I'm imagining that I'll be teaching online thenceforward unless things get shut down in an even fuller way.

Regular big meeting and seminar were both canceled, but I had a couple shorter meetings (including one interesting one that reminds me why certain things about Columbia's organizational structure are very frustrating!) and then - which I usually don't have time for on a Monday - a SWIM! Group fitness classes are shut down, including my special lap swim time, but regular rec swim is for now still open, and was relatively unpopulated.

10 x 100 easy free
150 back as kick, drill, swim by 50
100 fly drill
100 IM
50 easy swim down

1400 yards total

No comments: