Sunday, August 24, 2008

Long run #5

12 treadmill miles
5.5mph (1.0% incline)

I always think a 12-mile run is going to be a walk in the park (metaphorically speaking), only then in practice it never is! But I am very pleased with this one.

Note to self: do not ever again wear that pair of socks for a long run, the left sock was so squelchy with sweat by mile 10 that I could think of nothing else!

Noticeable cardiac drift, suggesting fitness shortcomings, but there is nothing to be done about that except keep on training. I would like the 12-mile run to be a year-round component of my training - I did pretty well through the winter but slightly lost the thread of it this spring as I switched to a triathlon focus. In 2009 I will hope to do better - it really is one of my favorite things, even if I'm doing more biking I should figure out how to keep it.

I am two miles short of the notional week's total (should have been 26), and it's all treadmill mileage, but given how poorly the week started off, I will take it...

Weekly total: 24 miles

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ewww. Squelchy sock!

The week had a good finishing kick!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

12 miles on the treadmill?? Is it too hot down there? It wasn't unspeakably boring? Oops, should have begun with: good for you! But you know I always think that!