Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday spin

Well, I think there is no point in having self-reproach at not having had a long one, at least I did a short one. The endorphins make me like it once I am doing it...

30-minute Spinervals technique workout (high-cadence, one-leg drills), plus 3 x 15 pushups

(No point doing more core or strength tonight since I am planning on going to core sculpt and swimming on Tuesday and Thursday this week.)

Will probably do some slight switching-around of this week's schedule - I will have no time Wednesday morning for a workout, due to frantic projected essay marking for Wednesday afternoon lecture, but if I have a real rather than just very brief run tomorrow morning I could do a longer trainer workout on Wednesday after class - I have my eye on the one I liked so much last year, Mental Toughness...

NB very good likelihood, due to a friend's benevolence, of a real outdoor bike ride this weekend in a New Jersey park where traffic will not cause me anxiety - we will drive in a car (it is a fanciful notion for the NYC-dweller to whom all cars in which one actually rides are yellow taxis!) over the GW Bridge and then find bucolic cycling splendor. Report to follow - it is partly an exploratory mission to see if we can find somewhere to do a proper brick workout the week after.

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Any ride is better than no ride. The plans to ride outside this weekend sound great!

Unknown said...

Bucolic cycling splendour!

(Well spun.)