Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Evening swim

Thank goodness that pool is open again! I must make better plans for next December, if I had put something better in place I could at least have had two or three good swims, I have really missed it...

I am in a state of utter tiredness, it's a minor disaster...

I had a really nice half-hour swim. Just was a bit late getting over there, they close at 9:30 sharp--and I brought my running stuff, I thought I would do a couple of treadmill miles afterwards, only the thing about swimming is that it is good for the sanity as well as the physical health--about ten minutes in, I suddenly thought, "Am I crazy?!? I just need to calm down! And it is after nine o'clock and I still have not eaten dinner and really I shouldn't go and run after this, it's stupid..."

500 warmup easy free, 5 x 50 fly down breast back, 5 x 100 with odds IM and evens free. Oh, it was so nice! Though I fear it was one of those swims where I mainly thought about how much improvement I have ahead of me as a swimmer....

No comments: