Thursday, January 3, 2008

No Thursday swim

And it is a pity, because I have been looking forward to it all week, but sleeplessness has had me up again at 4am after a criminally small number of hours in bed, and it is clearly more important even than my lovely cheerfulness-inducing Thursday-morning swim workout to try and get another few hours before what is unfortunately going to be a fairly long and demanding day of stuff.

I have just been wrestling with the choice for half an hour (this mental wrestling is a great part of the sleep problem!), but I have already lost so much sleep in the last week and a half that I think that I will possibly not be able to survive today without the extra two and a half hours I must try to eke out now!

Hmmm, I hope I can actually get back to sleep, though... I suppose I must take the attitude that hours lying down that are not in actual mental turmoil count as rest also...

It is my main resolution for 2008 to improve this sleep situation, but in the short term it's difficult to know quite what to do about it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sleep is important. I hope you did get to revisit it!