Friday, January 25, 2008

A great Friday-morning swim

(But I forgot that we can go all the way till 7:30 on Fridays--I blew my time on swimming, I only had time for 1.5 miles on the treadmill rather than 3, this is not really right--but on the other hand I cannot imagine it makes much difference as far as Sunday's race goes, at least I got a bit of a warmup, I will take tomorrow totally off and have a good lie in tomorrow morning if I can swing it...)

Warmup: 500 free. (No time for the next bit, which was 3 x 100 IM with drill, kick, swim by 100s. But this is a good idea for a warmup.)

Very nice main workout, I liked it. And I got some times on the longer ones, swimming a bit harder than yesterday (I was full of self-reproach for loungeyness and sauntering!) but still very comfortably. So:

400 free (8:02)
4 x 100 IM (last one drill, same below)
2 x 50 fly hard
50 easy swim

300 free (5:56)
3 x 100 IM
2 x 50 back hard
50 easy swim

200 free (3:49)
2 x 100 IM
2 x 50 breast hard
50 easy swim

(And there was one last 100 one too, only by this point I really needed to get a move on, I am barely having time for more than a sip of coffee, though of course I always have time for a blog post!)

(That's all yards not meters of course...)

I felt very strong and steady in the water. Lovely!