Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On the verge...

... of heading out for that run.

(Novel page quota achieved.)

I cannot say in a more general sense that I felt at all well when I woke up, but I did have a gleam of cheerfulness when I looked out the window and saw the TRULY ANTARCTIC CONDITIONS that await me! It was still snowing a few hours ago, but now it's turned into freezing rain - very slushy underfoot....

In other words, it is a very good opportunity to try out the fleece-lined Chillblocker SealSkinz waterproof socks and the newly acquired neck gaiter!

(Oh dear, I am slightly obsessed with this term gaiter, it is so comical! I will hope to find the product itself tolerable...)

3 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I didn't even think about all the gear you probably have to buy to run in Antarctica!

Unknown said...

Pages! Gaiters! Hope it was a good training and product test session.

ShirleyPerly said...

Hooray for meeting the page quota!

And so funny to hear you enjoying the wintery weather there. Perhaps everyone up north should sign up for that Antarctic Marathon simply to be more motivated to get out in the cold, snow & slush.