Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday core/swim

Ugh - everything I had to do today went pretty well, but I was so tired by the end of the day that I slightly felt that I was going to die!

(In retrospect PMS may have been the mystery factor that tipped me over the edge into utmost distress?!?)

I spent most of the pilates class hoping that I was not actually going to burst into tears and feeling very confused and wondering how everyone else seemed to understand the teacher's instructions so readily; I almost did actually walk out at one point, though it wasn't really that bad, more just that I was in a state...

First half of swimming was fairly awful too - again, I almost got out and went home, I just felt very upset - for the kick on back I was right next to a very turbulent swimmer in the next lane over, and I really felt like I was going to drown, and not psychologically fortified for minor limb collisions that usually I would take in my stride! (Stroke?!?)

Anyway, I felt very slow on the 125s, though by that point I'd settled into a better rhythm, and the fifties were quite reasonable - I was sorry that the lane leader stopped after 8, I would have done some more....

Anyway, I do feel quite a bit better now, clearly swimming was beneficial, and I must keep on going to that pilates class, because even one week of it has been enough to make a significant improvement to my tight thigh muscles - the teacher is very good, I think - it is just that it is not what I at all enjoy!

1 hour pilates

Swim:

Warmup (severely truncated): 150 free, 50 breast

12 x 50 kick-swim by 25 (3 fly, 3 back, 3 breast)

8 x 125 free on 2:25

20 (!) - in fact we only did 8, there was not enough time and the leader got fed up with it! - so 8 x 50 on :55 (a tough interval for me to keep, I was getting 2-3 seconds rest, but it is an enjoyable workout; as I say, I am sorry I could not keep going with these, but it is not practical once the group decides to stop!)

Swim down: 50 back, 50 breast, 50 back, 50 free

2400 yards total

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You got a good swim in, though!

PMS is problematic.

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, PMS can sometimes create havoc for me. Glad the swimming ended on a relatively good note.

Leah said...

Sigh. PMS is not fun.