Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday run/swim

It seems to me very farfetched that I actually made it through this day - but in fact I did....

I skipped "core strength" (I was a bit late getting over to the gym from office hours anyway) and did three easy miles on the indoor track. It was all I had time for - and BTW either my FootPod is playing me false or my easy run pace has become VERY VERY SLOW!

(My work schedule in the next couple weeks is still pretty intense, and novel-writing and school stuff have to take priority over marathon training - TO MY VERY GREAT REGRET! - so I'm thinking I should try fitting in some short ones around whatever else I'm doing, it is not ideal but it is better than nothing.)

Then I went to swim practice, and it was great. The indoor track miles are warm and crowded and not nearly as enjoyable as running outside, I was slightly wishing I'd skipped the gym altogether and done a real run outside. But I was underfueled (I am surprised I made it through the swim!), I do not know that I would have made it out if I'd gone home first, and I have a long run tomorrow, and it was a very enjoyable swim practice in any case, plus lots of mutual consultation about respective one-hour swims...

Warmup (truncated): 200 free, 2 x 75 kick-drill-swim by 25 (first one fly, second back)

10 x 100 with evens free on 1:55 and odds back on 2:20

Ladder (not sure about the intervals on this, they were appropriate but various folks were sitting out bits and we ended up hanging around between times more than we were supposed to, and as a result I now can't really remember the details): 300 free on 5:30, 200 free on 3:40, 100 IM on 2:30, 30 seconds rest, 100 IM on 2:30, 200 free on 3:40, 300 free on 5:30

Very good!

3 miles
2550 yards swim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I keep a couple of granola bars in my swim bag for fueling emergencies. (And I replace them immediately if I eat 'em!)

Sounds like a very good practice!