Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday swim practice

Hmmm, long day, this semester is slightly killing me - all will be better when the season of job talks is over & my novel is submitted and it just goes back to regular school-type schedule...

1 hr "core strength"

TNYA practice (can't remember any intervals, it all passed by in a blur...)

warmup (truncated): 100 free, 50 fly, 50 back

12 x 25 as 3 of each stroke in IM order

6 x 25 fly

6 x 50 back-breast by 25

6 x 75 as 25 fly 50 free

6 x 100 IM

3 x 150 free

(our whole lane ran out of time)

2450 yards total (have I added that up right? Too tired to try it again...)

4 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I swear I think I have to go to like 2 or 3 job talks a week! Last week at the last minute, I got sucked into giving a tour of our environmental labs. Not that I don't like being rampantly judgmental of faculty candidates, but seriously, I have a dissertation to finish... Unless of course you meant that *you* were the one giving job talks...

Rainmaker said...

Sounds like a good mix of core and swim. I suck at swim-math. I just realized yesterday that I added up all of last weeks workouts incorrectly - and thus shorted myself some 300yards. Boo. :(

Unknown said...

I don't know how you keep all the balls in the air, really!

ShirleyPerly said...

I'm in agreement with Wendy!