Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ugh redux!

A nice swim just now, that was good. I have been feeling slightly awful again all day - much better than yesterday, but very much under par. I got a fair amount of work done, only interspersed with about 5 separate naps - I contemplated the notion that I should sit at a desk and type, only the inclination to work horizontally in bed was too strong to overcome...

Warmup: 200 free, 100 back, 100 free, 100 breast, 100 free, 100 free drill (catch-up with finger-drag), 100 fly drill (25 right-arm, 25 left, 25 one-arm by 3s, 25 full stroke), 100 back, 100 breast, 100 free

First part of Wendy's IM ladder, only I ran out of time - but it was nice while it lasted - 200 IM, 150 IM no free, 100 IM, 50 back, 50 breast, 100 IM

1750 yards total

I am thinking I will head out for the long run around 2 tomorrow. I am going to take it very slow - it is easy to get sucked in on doing the long runs harder than necessary, I sort of COULD not do this one too slowly, like 11:00 miles is good but closer to 12:00 is almost better for training purposes. I'll jog over to Central Park (c. 1 mile), do two full loops, then do a third loop just as the "upper 5" and jog home - that is around 18. Must get a lot of work done in the morning for this to be OK.

(I am explaining the plan here as a commitment strategy, especially so that I do not get tempted to skip the third loop!)

1 comment:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Good luck on your run! Hang tough for the third loop!