Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Evil Pool Closures

It is the way of August everywhere - but very inconveniently for my current training purposes, my local swimming pool is closed for the next three weeks for renovations! I failed to get up early enough for my projected run-swim-run workout (really I can't get up early unless I am actually meeting someone or have Brent to tip me out of bed, and he is away this week!), and didn't have much vim left by the end of the day either: have just done 15 mins. in the sea. Tomorrow is the first of the Stroke and Stride series, and I had a sudden vision of the horror of it being not only my first outdoor run here this summer but also my first swim in three weeks. It is only 400m swim (I am putting out buoys beforehand, so I will be to blame if the course is long) and 2 miles run, but it is going to be hot out there... if I can muster the energy, I will have a short further swim and then jog the three miles home, but really I will have to see how it goes. Still very full of phlegm, alas, particularly from a nose-blowing point of view, but I continue to get slightly better each day, and I suspect it is for the best that I haven't been doing much exercise.

.25hr sea swim

No comments: