Friday, December 9, 2011

#7 of 30

I feel a bit sheepish that I only ran for 30 minutes, but am taking approach this month that if I am feeling fatigued and 30 seems desirable, then 30 it is.  I was later getting out the door than I should have been given early sunset at this time of year, and also I was detained just a few minutes into my run by the most amazing sight - a large hawk (I am pretty certain it was a red-tailed hawk) devouring a substantial piece of prey, probably a pigeon!  It was in the upper branches of one of the trees in the lower-elevation bit of Riverside Park, so that from the path along the edge of the park (which is substantially higher than the park itself) you were only about 20 feet away from the sight itself.  Mighty, majestic, violent!

30 minutes run (easy zone 2)

3 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

30 >> 0

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Chime on Brent! Remember that for many people would consider 30 minutes an accomplishment!

Black Knight said...

If every person runs 30 minutes daily this would be a fit world.
Great hawk and poor pigeon.