Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tough week!

With no room for exercise, barring a genuinely decent amount of brisk walking - I had to take the train 8 hours each way to Williamsburg for a conference, and then I had to go to Philadelphia to help my dad get home from hospital (he is doing nicely & settled in back at home - the situation has been anxiety-producing!). Often I just slightly give up on exercise at this point in the semester, not totally but in terms of a priority - this winter, though, I have done so badly with it that I think I am going to take the opposite take and make it my absolute priority. The work work gets done regardless, the exercise not so much so.

That said, I took the 1 train to the 9:30 class at Chelsea Piers and it was so gruesomely crowded I do not think I can do that again! Hopefully next week it will be warm enough for bike-riding to seem non-insane. (Courtly older gentleman to JMD: "It helps to think of it as an intimate riding experience rather than simply a crowded train." A woman standing next to me was on the verge of an outright panic attack - really it is a very unpleasant atmosphere.)

Great class! I am very bad at jumping over even miniature hurdles in sand, I think it is a combination of mental block and poor hip flexibility - but everything else was quite enjoyable. Pondering various schedule commitments - the only thing I know for sure is that I had better not overdo it, or else I will get sick!

I AM READY FOR THE WEATHER TO BECOME SPRING-LIKE....

1hr boot camp

No comments: