Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ride/beach!

Not the actual beach - Andia's Manhattan Beach workout at Chelsea Piers! It is really incredible - at some point not very far in, I am just flooded with those happy exercise chemicals that make you feel totally blissed out. Also rode my bike down for the first time since forever - it is an incredibly time-efficient way of getting there compared to the other options. Excited that we're back into the season where I can do that, and really pleased, too, that they've added these 9:30 weekday classes - that's perfect for me.

This one was particularly suited to my tastes - we did some warmup and stretching stuff, then alternated circuits of the sand volleyball court (easy jog or walk short sides, "strides" on long sides) with one-minute abs. 3x, 4x, 6x. Very good workout, low-impact because of the sand but your heart really is pounding!

(Tomorrow I am going to try the offputtingly named Bikini Booty Bam - was there ever a worse name for what I believe is a perfectly respectable exercise class? Left change of clothes in locker today, and will run VERY SLOWLY down before class tomorrow as I have to go from there to get allergy shots. Really Thursdays have a demanding lineup for me compared to Wednesdays this semester, but since I need to be in Chelsea sometime in the morning for allergy shots, I'm going to try and combine with exercise where possible.)

Dreadful end of week coming up, Friday and Saturday have full long lineup of work stuff all the way through dinner i.e. 10pm, but I will also try for a 3-mile run Friday morning if I can get myself out of bed in time. Then Eilon's classes Sunday afternoon - it's not going to be an amazing week of exercise, but better than some. If I can finish tomorrow's reading and prep in time, I might be able to go to 6:30pm hot yoga this evening, that would be good - I was notionally going to stay at CP this morning and do a spin with L., but she had to stay home to look out for a sick baby, so we called it off - probably for the best as far as my schedule goes.

:45 conditioning
:50 bike (10 real miles!)

No comments: