Sunday, April 27, 2014

Run!

Gosh, this turned into a terrible week for exercise (it was somewhat beyond my control - sore foot, huge amounts of work and too many evening plans!). It has ended well, though. I couldn't get to sleep last night & regretfully realized around 1am that I shouldn't go to Joanna's workout downtown this morning - really at this point in the semester, trying to be downtown for a 10am workout Saturday and Sunday is quite unrealistic. So I spent the morning closing tabs of one kind and another, then talked myself out the door for a lovely though arduous and slow run. I am not in good shape (not terrible, but not good), and I weigh too many pounds - but I have to say, running is still my favorite activity EVER. Most beautiful weather - a bit chilly for non-running purposes, mid-50s and quite windy, but incredibly gorgeous along the river (funny pair of mallards sitting on rail looking very wind-ruffled!). Did 9:1 run-walk - my back is very tight and sore, I need to start doing those stretches again, but I'm optimistic that once I get through the next 2 weeks of frenetic school stuff and a week of travel during which exercise may be dodgy, I will be able to dig in for some really enjoyable exercise....

6 very slow and rather arduous but lovely miles, 9:1 run-walk (with a few extra bits of walking) 1:15

No comments: