Monday, May 12, 2014

Tel Aviv swim!

That was glorious! When I first read about this swimming pool, I was filled with enthusiasm, only in practice pools often turn out to be hard to get to, only open peculiar hours, etc. However this pool is less than ten minutes' walk from my hotel (really almost next door): a glorious 50m outdoor pool, with lanes and everything! AND - this is remarkable - a swimming-pool cat, a nice calico with food and water tucked away beneath a deck chair to the side. Didn't stay in too long as I am really ready for lunch (I walked over to the pool and didn't have enough money to pay the entry, had to come back to my room and get more - hadn't brought wallet as I didn't want to leave it unsecured poolside), but it was lovely. I don't think I've swum since the Mercuryman Aquabike in January - looking forward to being back in the pool a lot in coming weeks.

(Last week just completely eluded me as far as exercise goes - B.'s father died on Wednesday, and so instead of having 48 hours at home to sort myself out before the Israel trip, I finished my last meeting on Thursday and then basically had a crazy session of packing and cleaning & went to the airport for a flying trip to Ottawa. I feel very guilty enjoying myself abroad while B. is dealing with stuff in Canada, but it's a work trip, really, and I didn't see my way to canceling it. Beautiful walk along the sea this morning, and I am hoping to get up early enough tomorrow to get out for a run. It's not as hot as I feared, though I think it will be hotter again later in the week - but with this pool, I shouldn't go too short of exercise, and there is also a gym with spin and yoga classes on the same site, schedule permitting.)

1300m (50m pool is LONG!): 200 free, 100 back, 200 free, 100 3-3-3 down back back, 200 free, 100 breast, 200 free, 100 back, 100 easy free swim down

No comments: