Friday, November 14, 2014

Ailment report

I didn't exercise on Sunday and Monday due to work overload and fatigue - and then Monday evening it became unpleasantly clear that I was coming down with another respiratory ailment! It's interesting - this one has been much more unpleasant than the last, in terms of how I felt hour by hour and day by day (started with very sore "throat" [really the top part of the palate behind the sinuses] and then progressed through horrible streaming cold and lungs full of very runny phlegm!), but it has passed much more quickly, and really the traditional cold is easier to endure - you feel so gross you don't miss the exercise, and there is no puzzle about the symptoms (on the last one I was doing a lot of googling re: ear infections and sinus infections, and that dry hard cough is much more unpleasant too). Anyway, I slept for a very long time last night and am going to take it pretty easy today - definitely on the mend - I am hoping, perhaps slightly unrealistically, that tomorrow I might be able to go for a short easy run....

No comments: