Saturday, July 19, 2008

In the mood

Now I really am in a light-hearted pre-race mood - I have very low expectations, my only goal is to enjoy myself and go steadily throughout, barring unforeseen calamity it is going to be good...

There is something about strict rationing that makes exercise supremely enjoyable. I went to the gym just now for a short pre-race run and swim (just to make sure I remember how, really!): 1.5 easy treadmill miles (the fact that I knew I should not do more gave me a glimpse of the fact - helped by excessive heat outside - that treadmill running really can be perfectly enjoyable) and an easy swim with a self-imposed limit of c. 800 yards:

100 free
100 free drill (50 catch-up, 50 thumb-drag with salute)
25 fly drill - 50 breast - 75 back - 100 free - 100 free - 75 back - 50 breast - 25 fly drill
100 free (strong)
50 free (easy)

OK, quick bite to eat and then I will ride my bike over to transition. It is a ridiculous luxury, the transition is literally barely two miles away from my apartment, in the park that I run in several times a week and that I can enter right across the street - the actual swim start is less than a mile away from where I live...

4 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Good luck tomorrow!

ShirleyPerly said...

How awesome to be so close to that race! Best of luck!!

Unknown said...

What they said + I do like that rationing can be such a good thing!

Leah said...

Good luck tomorrow! Enjoy!